Saturday, May 18, 2013

... Now we here!!!

Hey Mamas!!

So we've finally got the blog... somewhat... up and running. With this being the first post I (Ashley) would like to take the time to give a lil background on the Fitmamas_WVC... or as @Ttuakoi (for those of you who follow us on Instagram), Asi Tina Tuakoi (for those on FB) and Tina.. for those who actually know her .... LONG explanation I know..put it


"How our group began. Started in the backyard with 4 of us, grew to 8 so we moved to Hunter Park. Our bday challenge for Ashley's birthday grew to 16, and our evening challenge grew to an even bigger number. Just a group of people striving to be healthy and fit. Surround yourself with people who motivate and inspire you. The possibilities are endless!!"

Tina could not have been more correct!!! I connected with Tina through IG, the other 2 mamas, Low_marie (on IG) or Lola Talanoa (FB) and Anatavasiale (IG) and Paea Ana Siale (FB), we've known each other for years. I decided to join them on their workouts because they had a 300 lbs tire. That was a beast I wanted to tackle... at full force! So, we hit it hard in Tina's back yard! Tire flips, Sprints, DB snatch, Core workout, tire jump squats, tabata. TOTAL KILLER WORKOUT!!! I knew then these mamas were no joke and I have been glad I took them up on the workout date!! A second date was not far behind, and when It came around our lil group doubled. By the time my Bday arrived, I requested a KICK ASS workout (provided by Tina) and 16 hot mamas showed up ready to BEAST IT OUT!!!!

I expected to die... which I did... repeatedly... but what was unexpected to me was the mere POWER that ensued being with so many MOTHERS... (Me being a NON-MOTHER... lol) and just how EMPOWERING it felt to run hill sprints, tire flip, squat, over head press, skull crush and low row with these women.. most of whom I had never met until now, and to feel the encouragement, the dedication, passion behind each woman. It utterly motivated me... and in my mind I kept saying "Damn Ash!.. These mamas GO HARD IN THE PAINT!!... not many of your own YSA friends do this... WILLINGLY in off season (for any sport) .

That workout was truly inspirational to me on my own personal fitness journey because it helped me further understand  that my health, my fitness was more than just a physical change. It was giving me a workout,spiritually and mentally. I felt my own minds self get stronger, my mental strength overcome one more negative voice trying to cut me down, and my spirit becoming rejuvenated through all the sweat, tears and ugly grunts! It was then I decided that regardless if they wanted too, These FITMAMAS were going to put up with working out with me!!

We continued posting workouts on IG and inviting others to join in, I was surprised by the response we were getting from other mothers wanting to get in on some hard core, kill you, ugly, cant breath, workout challenges. A date, a time, and a requested workout was set so we showed up to over 20 women wanting to die ugly. IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT!!! the same feeling of EMPOWERMENT was there, with every rep,  each mother, and non-mother got stronger.... we got stronger. 

What touched me was seeing mothers who came not knowing anyone, and as the workout progressed slowly come out of her shell and go beastmode!! It was evident that just as I experienced with my first workout, they too had felt that fire start and continue full force in being a Fitmama!  *Thus how Fitmamas started, I used that term so many times that when suggestions for an IG & FB account came up it just seemed to fit perfectly.... its (FitmamasWvc) even trending now!! ;) *

By our 3rd killer challenge our Fitmamas started rolling deep. 40 women!!.. 40 hot mamas with their weights, water bottles, cleats, sneakers, leopard print tights, babies, strollers, fala's, cheetos and bananas brought their 'A - Game'  and smashed it!!! Truly and inspiring sight to see and workout to experience!!

Also why this blog is up, for rants, recipes, workouts, playlists, ANYTHING really for all the Fitmamas out there... whether in WVC, HI, or CA. We see you mamas!!! GET IT GIRL!!!

- Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment